Enterprise-class connectivity made simple
Product Status: Product Announced
Enterprise NGSO Terminal
Market’s lowest cost flat-panel ground terminal for Low Earth orbit (LEO) and Medium Earth Orbit (MEO) satellite constellations delivering Satellite Broadband on high capacity Ka-Band frequencies.
- The antenna will be priced at EUR 1,500 (full terminal price estimated at EUR 2,500) and can achieve throughputs in excess of 400 Mbps.
- The antenna will have 2D beam steering and will operate across a wide scan angle of +/-55 degrees.
- The antenna will be full-duplex and have slew times less than 30ms, enabling better than 99.5% signal throughput.
- The antenna size will be compact at 55cm x 99cm x9cm and have a weight less than 20Kg. The power consumption of the antenna (including LNB and BUC) will be less than 100W.
- The antenna design is modular and will allow multiple antennas to be combined to achieve higher gain/throughput based on the needs of the customers.
Sign-up for our mailing list to get the latest news regarding our Enterprise NGSO Terminal:
Trunking & Cellular Backhaul
For Internet Service Providers (ISPs) and Mobile Network Operators (MNOs) needing to bring trunk connectivity to difficult-to-reach locations, ALCAN’s extremely low maintenance and easy-to-install antennas are an ideal solution. ALCAN enables substantial throughputs from any HTS system, whether in a GEO, MEO or LEO orbit.
High Throughput Satellites (HTS) have long held the promise of allowing operators to expand the footprint of service to parts of their networks too rural to connect with fibre. But antenna technology, with large dish sizes, high power consumption and high cost, made it difficult, particularly with cellular backhaul.
ALCAN has solved the issue, providing inexpensive yet highly capable antennas that can easily be mounted to existing or newly erected cellular towers. ALCAN’s antennas enable 3G and 4G services, and are also capable of extending 5G service over satellite when it is delivered to the market for a true future-proof solution for network operators.
Business continuity: ALCAN’s flat panel antennas, with no moving parts—and therefore very low maintenance—low power requirements and highly capable design are built to suit the needs of enterprises needing to ensure mission-critical connectivity is never interrupted.
Disaster recovery: The ALCAN antenna is lightweight, has no moving parts, is easy to install, uses low power and is extremely affordable. All of the attributes needed for the ideal disaster recovery antenna.
Energy & Mining
With a much smaller footprint than a traditional terminal, the ALCAN satellite antenna is perfect for both land and sea-based energy and mining installations. And with a very low power requirement—potentially capable of being powered by solar alone—the scalable system easily enables needed connectivity to the most remote mining site or deep ocean offshore platform.
ALCAN has designed extremely simple to install smart antennas, able to quickly auto acquire the correct satellite, requiring minimal install and setup time.
Because the ALCAN antenna has no moving parts, maintenance costs are extremely low and requirements for repeated service visits are non-existent.