About the Company
ALCAN is a fast-growing company working towards a future where every moving vehicle (cars, ships, trains, planes) has broadband connection by using ALCAN’s groundbreaking liquid crystal based smart antennas. ALCAN’s patented technology enables ultra‐thin, lightweight flat panel antennas which can track satellites fully electronically without any moving parts.
We are looking for enthusiastic individuals who want to be a part of this exciting change and work towards developing these antennas to make a global impact by enabling communication easier for every human being.
We have an open full time position for a Senior Display Electronics Engineer in Darmstadt, Germany.
ALCAN offers a generous relocation package to cover the moving costs if the employee is outside of the southern Frankfurt Rhein‐Main area.
The Senior Display Electronics Engineer will join the Electronics team and apply their knowledge and skills in electrical engineering to design and develop an Antenna Control Unit (ACU) for ALCAN’s smart antenna. The ACU includes design, implementation and testing of boards for various environmental sensors (including calibration), intelligent voltage supply circuitry for tuning and embedded programming for different microcontroller architectures. In addition to ACU activities, the Electronics team supports or develops turnkey solutions (e.g. circuit boards) for controlling various test rigs utilized mainly for antenna measurements.
- Design and development TFT LCD display architecture and driving scheme
- Implementation of communication with LCD display driver IC by various interfaces
- Design and development of LCD display main board
- Data analysis, hardware debugging and problem diagnosis
- Power management and sequencing design of LCD display electronics
- Recommend enhancements, improvements, innovations, shortcuts and cost savings to the existing electrical designs, technology and processes
- Master’s Degree in electrical engineering + 5 years of experience or Bachelor’s Degree in electrical engineering + 8 years of experience
- Experience within the TFT LCD display industry or TFT LCD driver IC design house
- Solid background of TFT LCD display driver IC such as Source driver, Gate driver, TCON, etc.
- Experience with TFT LCD display interface such as LVDS, TTL, RSDS, m-LVDS, P2P
- System integration experience of embedded systems with electronics, firmware, and software
- Experience with electronics design tools such as Eagle, Altium, Cadence, SPICE or Ansoft
- Expertise in the use of standard electronic laboratory equipment, such as oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, etc.
- FPGA/CPLD implementation and algorithm review experience is a plus
- Scripting or Automation is a plus
- Ability to think out-of-box, problem-solving, and adapt quickly to new technical areas
- Analyze the trade-offs between performance, manufacturability, cost and user experience
- Take initiative to further enhance ACU performance with innovation and new technologies
- Prototyping new ideas
- Write detailed electrical engineering specifications for the system, IC, PCB, Firmware, and Software design
- Team member
- Verbal and written communication skills