About the Company
ALCAN is a start-up company working towards a future where every moving vehicle (cars, ships, trains, planes) has broadband connection by using ALCAN’s ground-breaking liquid crystal based smart antennas. ALCAN’s patented technology enables ultra-thin, lightweight flat panel antennas which can track satellites fully electronically without any moving parts.
We are looking for enthusiastic individuals who want to be a part of this exciting change and work towards developing these antennas to make a global impact by enabling communication easier for every human being.
We have an open full-time position within our Business team for a Procurement Manager in Darmstadt, Germany.
ALCAN offers a generous relocation package to cover the moving costs if the employee is outside of the southern Frankfurt Rhein-Main area.
ALCAN’s Business and Product Developments Teams are currently evaluating suppliers and conducting dialog with global vendors based in China, Turkey and parts of Europe. The initial concept is to negotiate supplier agreements, contracts, company purchases, deliverables and performance reviews. Henceforth, it involves collaborating with new supply chain and implementing due diligence when managing ALCAN’s expectations.
- Create and implement global and regional procurement strategies that are innovative, cost-effective, and incorporate the growing complexities and challenges within industry
- Build long-term relationships with vendors in the industry
- Compare proposals for price and specifications
- Negotiate with vendors to reduce costs
- Review contract specifications on behalf of ALCAN
- Communicate with vendors to ensure that the product arrives in a timely fashion
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with key suppliers
- Implement and manage technological systems that track the shipment, inventory and supply of materials
- Lead transformational activities to build procurement organizational capabilities and improve procurement efficiency
- Prepare daily, weekly and monthly procurement reports
- Ensure adherence to all safety, health, and environmental rules and regulations
- Keep abreast of changing industry trends
- Handling all commercial relations with suppliers, managing the purchase contract and price negotiations, reporting experience in a cost/schedule-conscious international organization
- Supporting the product team in projects for supply chain organization, optimizing the logistics cost, ensuring the logistic structures are booked on time
- Alternative suppliers sourcing for the purchases, focusing on value delivery, balancing costs (e.g. savings), quality (e.g. compliance) and service (e.g. availability, risk management)
- Min Bachelors’ in Procurement and Supply Chain, Business Administration or Logistics
- 10 years of procurement experience both local & import. Ideally in a multinational company
- Preferable knowledge of import and exports customs within the regions of China and Europe
- Involvement in some proven industrial projects g. electrical, medical, technology… for different functions or cross function projects
- Knowledge of project and administrative management.
- Experience in manufacturing process would be a good asset
- Result and quality-oriented approach and good communication skills