About the Company
ALCAN is a fast-growing company working towards a future where every moving vehicle (cars, ships, trains, planes) has broadband connection by using ALCAN’s groundbreaking liquid crystal based smart antennas. ALCAN’s patented technology enables ultra‐thin, lightweight flat panel antennas which can track satellites fully electronically without any moving parts.
We are looking for enthusiastic individuals who want to be a part of this exciting change and work towards developing these antennas to make a global impact by enabling communication easier for every human being.
We have an open full time position for a Manufacturing Engineer in Darmstadt, Germany.
ALCAN offers a generous relocation package to cover the moving costs if the employee is outside of the southern Frankfurt Rhein‐Main area.
The Manufacturing Engineer will be a member of the international engineering team and will play a key role in product development and test setup development. As a member of the product development team, the Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for mechanical design feasibilities and development of mechanical systems required for testing of RF/microwave components.
- Supervision of the transition from product design to production as well as supervision of the respective production processes.
- Establishment of assembly processes for prototyping as well as serial production
- Leading manufacturing activities and supplier management processes
- Supporting the development of customized tools and fixtures for testing purpose
- Recommend enhancements, improvements, innovations, shortcuts and cost savings to the existing mechanical designs, technology and processes
- + 5 years of experience in mechanical or equivalent engineering
- Manufacturing process design and planning
- Work package outsourcing to service/ full-service suppliers and management of workstream
- Tolerance calculation and management of mechanical components
- Manufacturing assembly analyses and process lead with respect to program assumptions
- Supplier selection, evaluation and management
- Preliminary cost calculations of single components considering complete manufacturing processes
- Embedded programming is a plus
- Understanding of manufacturing processes
- Knowledge of different materials and production techniques
- Understanding of 3D CAD programs
- Skill in workshop tools is a plus
- Ability to work in an R&D oriented team
- Ability to multitask, good organizational skills, computer literacy, and a demonstrated ability to thrive in a team environment
- Team member