About the Company
ALCAN is a fast-growing company working towards a future where every moving vehicle (cars, ships, trains, planes) has broadband connection by using ALCAN’s groundbreaking liquid crystal based smart antennas. ALCAN’s patented technology enables ultra-thin, lightweight flat panel antennas which can track satellites fully electronically without any moving parts.
We are looking for enthusiastic individuals who want to be a part of this exciting change and work towards developing these antennas to make a global impact by enabling communication easier for every human being.
We have an open full-time position for an (Senior) RF/EM Test Engineer in Darmstadt, Germany.
ALCAN offers a generous relocation package to cover the moving costs if the employee is outside of the southern Frankfurt Rhein-Main area.
RF/EM Test Engineer will be involved with the entire RF team and will be performing various RF/EM test and measurement tasks for liquid crystals (LC) based phased array antennas and its related microwave components. Thus, the candidate needs to have solid technical understanding of RF/microwave circuits, a track record of measurements of RF hardware. The (Senior) RF/EM Test Engineer should be familiar with vector network analyzer, RF signal generator, antennas, spectrum analyzer and oscilloscope. The (Senior) RF/EM Test Engineer is also responsible for the maintenance and long-term quality check of laboratory equipment. Candidates with extensive experience will be considered as Senior RF/EM Test Engineer.
- Far-field and near-field antenna measurements in an anechoic chamber
- S-parameters measurements of various RF components
- On-wafer measurements of planar structure
- Documentation of measurement results
- Maintenance of measurement equipment
- Developing scripts for automated measurements
- Bachelor’s + more than 3 years of working experience or Master’s Degree in electrical engineering
- Test experience of RF/microwave components
- Competence in working with Vector Network Analyzer
- Competence in antenna measurements is preferred
- Experience in wafer probe station measurements is a plus
- Channel tests of communications link is a plus
- Competence in system level tests of satellite links is a plus
- Understanding of phased array theory and electronically steerable arrays is a plus
- Ability to think out‐of‐box, problem solving, and adapt quickly to new technical areas
- Capable of interacting with a cross‐functional and international technical team
- Competency in programming with Python, MATLAB working with LabVIEW, PSPICE, WinCal
- Team member